Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Amy + Travis / Engaged

When I had someone just recently ask why couples get engagement pictures it dawned on me that while most of my brides and grooms do opt for the engagement session, a.k.a. the e-sesh (I currently offer it for free when you book 8 or more hours of wedding coverage) most people may not understand the value. Here is what I tell them...

1) The e-sesh introduces the bride and groom to their photographer. So that come wedding day you've at the very least spent a bit of time with the person that follows you around all day for 8 or more hours with a camera all up in your personal business. You learn how I work. I learn how you two interact with each other and it gives me a glimpse into the dynamics of your relationship so that come wedding day I can better tell your unique story.

2) Getting in front of a camera is a bit awkward at first. I know this first hand. I am an awkward mess when I am on the other side of the camera. And it takes a little bit of time to get comfortable with it, comfortable with yourself and for the photographer to get some truly authentic captures. When you do an engagement sesh you can get that all out of the way in the first 20-30 mins. So on your wedding day, you know the "drill" and can enjoy your day without the awkwardness of being in front of your photographer's camera for the first time. It helps me to better capture the real you and ultimately enables me to tell your unique story.

3) You may have noticed a theme here, all of this boils down to telling your unique story. Every couple has one. I have seriously found myself in tears over re-tellings of the first exchange of words or the first text, the first date or how he proposed in the middle of a 4 mile run, the way you found yourself on the same path looking in the same direction and you have decided to continue the journey together as one. I love a love story. I love being able to take part in telling that story. And I love it when my brides and grooms open up and get creative about how we capture this part of their story through images. I seriously just went underwater with a couple in the same pool they had their first kiss (which was also underwater!) while they were on the high school swim team together (pics coming soon). And for Amy and Travis, the Hardee Highschool Football and Cheerleading coaches, they couldn't help but spend a part of our session at the football stadium while all decked out in their schools colors. It was a beautiful day. They even brought along their pup. And we captured their story in a way I never have before, because well it was a story unique to the pair. And for years to come they have a tangible, beautiful reminder (worth more than a thousand words, I hear) of where they were that moment in their lives when their individual journeys merged, their paths converged and they moved forward in faith together.

I am gearing up for the Wauchula nuptials of, the before mentioned, Amy and Travis this weekend and I thought I'd share with you all some of my favorites from our truly unique e-sesh last fall.


Amy_and_Travis_engaged

Amy_and_Travis_engaged2

Amy_and_Travis_engaged3

Amy_and_Travis_engaged4

Amy_and_Travis_engaged4

Amy_and_Travis_engaged5

Amy_and_Travis_engaged6

0 comments:

About Caroline

I decided my destiny was to be an artist at age five when I won an honorable mention in a art competition in kindergarten. Ever since then I have been following a dream that has manifested itself in a variety of rewarding and delightful ways. I have practiced in the field of graphic design for over 8 years and recently acquired my Masters in Graphic Design at NC State University in Raleigh, NC (check out my design portfolio by clicking here if you like). But a passion that has stuck with me ever since I got my hands on my first Nikon camera in my undergraduate art education at Florida State University is photography. The instruction I received there was but a seed in what would develop over the next years of my life. Recently I have begun photographing people in their celebrations of life and could not feel any more blessed to be a part of capturing those memories.

About This Blog

A great american writer once wrote, "If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world, and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan my day." EB White penned the thoughts of my own heart. One part of me is a graphic designer working to challenge the world, seeking out problems and striving to create avenues for change. The other part is seeking out the beauties of the world and working to capture them in our memories forever through photography. This is what you will find here. Me enjoying the world. I have been truly fortunate to photograph such incredible people at truly beautiful moments in life. I can only hope that the images I've collected will forever keep alive those thoughts and emotions that swelled in their hearts and minds that day.

If you are interested in having me capture your life moments you can contact me by clicking here.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP